Saturday, May 25, 2019

Will you hear God's voice or thunder?

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1 Thessalonians 4:16  King James 2000 Bible

I was meditating on this verse of scripture.  lI looked  up to the sky and trying to envision the Lord Jesus' return.  I want to hear his voice.  Now, I do not like thunder, especially loud thunder.  I find myself being frightened in a bad storm with loud thunder as it echos in the forest around my house.   As a child of God, trusting in Jesus death on the cross in my place for my sin and his resurrection, I do not think I will be fearful when He returns.

There were times mentioned in the Bible where individuals heard the voice of God and others thought it was just thunder.

Matthew 3:17  And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Matthew 17:5  While he yet spoke, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear you him.

John 12:27-33  Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? No, it is for this purpose that I have come to this hour.  Father, glorify Your name!”
Then a voice came from heaven: “I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again.”
The crowd standing there heard it and said that it had thundered. Others said that an angel had spoken to Him.
In response, Jesus said, “This voice was not for My benefit, but yours.  Now judgment is upon this world; now the prince of this world will be cast out.  And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself.”  He said this to indicate the kind of death He was going to die.

Acts 9:1-7  But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest  and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.  Now as he went on his way, he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven shone around him.  And falling to the ground, he heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?”  And he said, “Who are you, Lord?” And he said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.  But rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do.”  The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one.

So how will it be when Jesus returns to Earth at the end?  Will  you hear His voice and understand Him calling you, or will you hear thunder?   Jesus said, "My sheep hear my voice, I know them,  and follow Me".   John 10:27
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/cookieconsent@3/build/cookieconsent.min.css" /> <script src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/cookieconsent@3/build/cookieconsent.min.js"></script> <script> window.addEventListener("load", function(){ window.cookieconsent.initialise({ "palette": { "popup": { "background": "#000" }, "button": { "background": "#f1d600" } } })}); </script>

No comments:

Post a Comment